Pasties from the little bakery are SO delicious - but homemade is always best! These have a delicious curry flavour, which make them seriously addictive!
Makes 10 pasties
2 medium carrots, diced
1/2 large swede, diced
1 brown onion, diced
1 small sweet potato, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 large white potatoes, diced
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
4 puff pastry sheets
2 eggs, whisked
1 tbsp paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a deep pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add carrots, swede, onion, sweet potato, white potato and frozen peas into the pan and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper. If you like heat, add 1/4 tsp of chilli flakes! Stir for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Using a small bowl, place upside down on the puff pastry sheet. Using a sharpe knife cut around the perimeter of the bowl, so puff pastry forms a clean circle.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp of mixture into the middle of the circle. Fold one edge of the circle to the other (now making a semi-circle) and press down and seal the edges.
- Using the tip of a fork, make little grooves in the edges to ensure the edging is closed.
- Repeat with the remaining puff pastry and potato mixture. Place all pasties onto a lined baking tray, ready for the oven.
- Using a basting brush, brush the whisked egg onto each pasty and cover entirely. Evenly sprinkle paprika over the top of the pasties for extra colour
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Eat with a delicious tomato sauce!