This is a super delicious and easy way to make vegan/vegetarian patties! They're great on they own, in a salad or even as a burger patty!
Makes 8 large patties or 20 small.
800g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 long red chilli, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp red curry paste
Big sprinkle of salt and pepper
1 cup cooked red lentils, drained
1/2 tsp cumin
1 small handful of fresh coriander
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
1.5 cups of breadcrumbs
3 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook lentils according to packet instructions, remember you need 1 cup COOKED, not 1 cup raw and then cooked.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, chilli, garlic, onion, egg, curry paste, salt, pepper, cooked lentils, cumin, ginger and coriander.
- Whiz until a fine paste (if you like chunky, keep it chunkier!)
- Take out of processor place into a large mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs.
- Mix throughly.
- using a small handful of the mixture (or however big you'd like to make them!) and roll into a ball. Flatten into a patty shape.
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick pan over a medium heat.
- Place patties into the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden.
- Serve with fresh coriander and some greek yoghurt.