Who doesn't love curry?
And who doesn't love stuffed capsicums (or peppers as my American friends call them)?
This recipe is next level!
Filled with rice and curried chicken these stuffed capsicums are delicious, healthy and a super easy dinner idea that whole family is going to love.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 300g chicken tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 capsicums (red or green), tops cut and insides removed
- 1 brown onion, sliced finely
- 1 small broccoli heat, cut into small florets
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced finely
- 1 small red chilli, sliced finely
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 cup of basmati rice (uncooked)
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1.5 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan and brown chicken in small batches. Remove and set aside.
- In the same deep pan, splash 1 tbsp of olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, chilli and curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, broccoli and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add basmati rice and cooked chicken to the mixture and stir until mixture is mixed well.
- Add coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil. Add fish sauce, soy sauce lime juice and coriander. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the capsicums (it's going to look runny, but the rice will expand and soak up the juices so try to stand the capsicums up to ensure doesn't pour out.
- Toothpick the capsicums shut bring the lid that was cut off. Spray capsicums with spray oil and place into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove and EAT!