Crumbed Calamari salad! 😍 I posted this the other day on my stories and it was just a quick dinner that I had and you guys wanted it! SOOO... In my quest to give the people what they truly want....HERE IT IS!! This recipe is super easy, quick & delicious, enjoy!
400g fresh squid tubes, sliced into rings
2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
1/2 large red onion, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red capsicum, sliced into strips
2 tbsp fresh oregano (or basil if you cant find!)
½ cup of pited olives
100g feta cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup rice bran oil (for cooking)
Dressing for salad:
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Small pinch of salt
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg.
- In another mixing bowl, add breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, dried oregano and paprika. Mix well.
- Coat the squid rings in egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Ensure they are well coated.
- On a non stick pan, heat olive oil over high heat and allow to really heat up!
- Place the squid rings into the oil and shallow fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, Add cucumber, onion, tomatoes, olives, fresh oregano, capsicum and feta.
- Add dried oregano, lemon juice, olive oil and a small pinch of salt to the salad and mix.
- Add calamari rings into the bowl and mix well. Eat right away!