Have you ever tried to make Beetroot chips and they burn? Or they're half burnt and soft? ME TOO! I've been trying to master beetroot (and sweet potato) chips forever and they'd always seem to burn! - BUT I have a secret (well, not so secret) but a trick to make them cook better and keep their colour....and thats drawing out the excess water!
Serves: 2 (or one snacky person aka me!)
2 large beetroots,(raw) peeled
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
+ any flavours like rosemary, oregano, chilli etc.
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Slice the beetroot using a mandolin peeler (this will help them cook evenly because they'll be the same size). Keep them as thin as possible, and sliced evenly.
- In a large bowl, coat all the slices in olive oil and salt. Leave for 20-30 minutes to draw out the excess water.
- Drain water and pat each chip dry. Lay on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place into the oven for 45 minutes to one hour (or until crispy). Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.