Chicken parm or Beef? It's a hard choice! I prefer chicken, but my partner loves beef! I decided to trial it, and it was different but delicious!
Serves 4 (2 steaks each)
500 beef steak
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dired oregano flakes
1/2 tsp paprika
1-2 cups napoletana sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 eggs, whisked
3 tbsp. Olive oil (for cooking)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Slice beef thinly and using a meat tenderiser, tenderise the meat all over. This will allow it to become soft, so its an important step.
- In a small mixing bowl, add panko crumb, salt, pepper, oregano and paprika. Mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, add eggs and whisk.
- Holding one piece of steak, dip in the egg and then place into the crumb mixture. Coat well.
- In a non stick pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place cooked steaks onto a lined baking tray and spoon Napoletana sauce on top.
- Top with cheese and place the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Serve with a delicious salad!