AHHH WHATS BETTER THEN POTATOES? NOTHING!!!! 😍 Well, actually. @spud_lite potatoes with bacon, cheese and delicious crumb!! URGH.
Everyone literally had to drag me away from these as soon as the video ended hahaha I WANTED THEM ALL!!
This Crispy Bacon and Cheese Potato recipe is super easy and super delicious.
The combination of the melted cheese, with the crispy potatoes and bacon is MOUTHWATERING!
It's the perfect side to add to any dinner, and is an easy family recipe that both kids and adults will love.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
500g Spud Lite baby potatoes, peeled
4 bacon rashes, diced
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup mozarella (or cheese of your choice!)
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
Fresh parsley to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Boil a large pot of water over the stove, enough to completely submerge the potatoes. Boil potatoes (peeled!) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from water and place into a metal sieve and begin to 'shake'. You don't want to shake too much to make mash potato through the sieve...but you want to have the potato look little 'rough'. Pour potatoes onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle diced bacon all over. Place back into the oven for another 15.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the crumb and cheese over the top.
- Place back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crispy!
- Serve with some fresh parsley.