Oh so this recipe is THE BOMB. The original creamy chicken recipe was an absolute hit with rice, so naturally pasta has got to be next!
250g elbow curls pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breast fillets, sliced into thin strips.
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp. fresh Thyme leaves, finely chopped
1 fresh chilli, chopped roughly
2 stalks of spring onion, finely sliced
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup thickened cream
1 1/4 cup chicken stock (yes, one and one quarter!)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cook pasta Al-dente (Take two minutes of packet cook time, it'll cook more in the oven!)
- Trim the large fatty bits off the breast and coat with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan with a splash of olive oil, brown the chicken fillets lightly and then set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat. Add garlic, thyme leaves, chilli and spring onion and cook for two minutes.
- Pour in stock, thickened cream and leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in sun dried tomatoes and parmesan and leave for 1 minute
- Add in the browned chicken and spinnach and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the mix and transfer to a deep baking tray. Top with parmesan cheese and add into the oven for 20 minutes or until nice and crispy brown on the top.
- EAT IT ALL (maybe not all...but you'll want too!!!)