These Choo Chee Prawns are incredibly delicious and extremely easy to make! Not trying to brag but.. I might just be turning you into your very own Masterchef with this one!
- 16 fresh prawns (king prawns)
- 300ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoons chilli garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 large chilli, sliced into long pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 spring onion stalk, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a lime juiced
- Heat olive oil in a deep hot pot.
- Fry garlic, onion and chilli in the pot for 2 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Boil coconut milk in the pot for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add red curry paste and chilli paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves and lime juice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add prawns for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove kaffir lime leaves and stir well.
- Turn heat off ands add basil leaves.
- Serve with rice.