600g Sweet Potato, peeled, raw and chopped into bite sized pieces
500g Chicken breast, uncooked, sliced into strips
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ ground coriander
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of salt
6 broccolini stalks
1 tsp. Chives, finely chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1. After peeling and chopping the sweet potato, place into a deep pot and cover with water and place onto a high heat, bring to a boil and then leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
2. In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, ground coriander, tomato paste, 1 crushed garlic clove, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Combine throughly.
3. Add chicken strips into this bowl and coat well. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours (or overnight if you can!).
4. Cook chicken in batches in a small pan with a splash of olive oil until fully cooked through.
5. Drain water from sweet potato and transfer into a large bowl. Begin to mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Add fresh chives and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix throughly.
6. Wiping the pan used for the chicken, add another splash of olive oil and add in the remaining garlic clove and the fresh chilli. Add in the broccolini and cook for 4-5 minutes or until it begins to soften (you still want a crunch!)
7.Divide the ingredients into three containers. I used 1/2 cup sweet potato mash, 3 broccolini stalks and around 120g of chicken.
Hope you LOVE this recipe! Don't forget to come over on instagram and let me know if you do! @leahitsines or TAG me in the image so I can see your beautiful creations!
Love, Leah x