Staying true to Friday tradition, here is another FREE BARE Guide recipe! This recipe is Vegetarian and is packed with flavour.. Chickpea & Lentil Patties, yum.. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
½ small sweet potato, chopped into bite sized pieces
Olive oil, for cooking
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¾ cup canned chickpeas, drained
¼ cup canned brown lentils, drained
¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, sliced
¼ small brown onion, chopped
Handful of coriander leaves, torn
1 teaspoon red curry paste
¼ avocado, sliced thinly
1 cup rocket
3 tablespoons natural Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Coat sweet potato in olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper and ground coriander. Place onto a lined baking tray and bake for 20–25 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place chickpeas, lentils, breadcrumbs, ginger, garlic, onion, coriander, red curry paste, egg, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend to a smooth consistency. Roll into three balls and flatten into patties.
4. In a small frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil over a medium heat. Cook patties for 2–3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown.
5. Plate up! Arrange patties, sweet potato, rocket and avocado on plate and top with yoghurt