Simple dinner that seriously packs a punch with flavour! I absolutely love these because the sauce is delicious and its so quick and easy to make.
750g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup nut butter
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp massaman curry paste
1 large garlic, crushed
1-2 tbs lime juice
10 bamboo sticks, soaked in water
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander to serve
- Thread the chicken through the bamboo sticks and coat with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Leave in the fridge.
- In a small mixing bowl, add coconut milk, nut butter, fish sauce, massaman curry paste (can use yellow or red if you don't have it!), garlic and lime juice. use a whisk to combine, to ensure the nut butter mixes in.
- On a hot pan, heat a small splash of olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 3 minutes on all sides, or until completely cooked through.
- The satay sauce can either be layered over the top, or heated! If you prefer it heated, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.