A simple dinner that packs the punch with flavour! I absolutely love these because the sauce is delicious and its so quick and easy to make. Say seeeeyyyaaa to store bought satay sauce!! You don't need those in your life once you've made your own as good as this one 😜
750g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup nut butter
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp massaman curry paste
1 large garlic, crushed
1-2 tbs lime juice
10 bamboo sticks, soaked in water
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander to serve
- Thread the chicken through the bamboo sticks and coat with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Leave in the fridge.
- In a small mixing bowl, add coconut milk, nut butter, fish sauce, massaman curry paste (can use yellow or red if you don't have it!), garlic and lime juice. use a whisk to combine, to ensure the nut butter mixes in.
- On a hot pan, heat a small splash of olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Cook the chicken skewers for 3 minutes on all sides, or until completely cooked through.
- The satay sauce can either be layered over the top, or heated! If you prefer it heated, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.