Who doesn't love chicken pie?! This recipe is sooooo delicious and SO easy to make and perfect for a whole family.
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tsp Salt
2 ½ cups of chicken stock
2 1/2 cups of rotisserie chicken
2 sheets puff pastry
1 large egg
1 medium carrot, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
¼ cup all-purpose flour
5 Swiss brown mushrooms, finely chopped
3 cups of baby spinach
1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, with a splash of olive oil. Add onion, carrot, mushrooms, celery, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring regularly for 5 minutes. Add in all spices here.
- Stir in flour and whisk to separate constantly until golden brown. Add white wine and stir and let simmer until absorbed into the mixture. Add chicken stock and whisk.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and spinach and cook until chicken is heated through and spinach is lightly wilted. Stir for 2 minutes and then season with salt and pepper.
- On a floured work space, roll out puff pastry to 1/4th thickness.
- Using a large (or multiple small) ramekin, oil the base and line with puff pastry, leaving some of the pastry hanging over.
- Spoon chicken filling into ramekin and cover with puff pastry. Using a sharpe knife, cut overhang on top and bottom and squeeze pastry together to enclose the filling.
- Using a sharpe knife, slit little lines into the top of the pie.
- Whisk the egg and brush with a basting brush over the pie.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes or until perfectly golden brown.
Hope you LOVED this! IF you did, let me know! Share a snap on Instagram or Facebook and tag @leahitsines OR Tag me IN the photo! I cant wait to see!!