This is the best ever Cheesey Broccoli Soup recipe!
It's so warming and delicious, I'm promise you won't be able to stop eating...
... and that's no exaggeration! haha
Plus, it's so incredible easy to make, is packed with veggies and also super kid friendly, making it the perfect dinner idea, especially in winter!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 medium broccoli heads, cut into florets
1 brown onion, diced
2 spring onion stalks, sliced finely
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
8 baby potatoes, peeled and quartered
Generous pinch of salt
Generous pinch of pepper
200g cheddar cheese
5 cups of chicken stock
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, thyme and spring onion to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add potato and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stirring constantly so the potato does not burn the bottom.
- Add broccoli to the pot along with the chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Simmer the mixture for 20-30 minutes or until broccoli and potatoes are soft.
- Take the soup off heat. Using a stick blender, mash the broccoli and potatoes until a fine thick consistency. If it's too thick for you, add a touch more stock and keep blending!
- Place the soup back on heat and add the cheddar. Stir to mix through. Season with salt and pepper here again if you think it needs it! (always taste test!!)
- Serve with some fresh thyme, spring onions or more pepper!