Cauliflower rice is a super simple substitute for those who cant have rice! It gives a similar texture to rice and is also super filling!
Serves 4 - 6
1 whole cauliflower
1 carrot, sliced Julianne,
1 zucchini, sliced Julianne
4-6 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
100g string beans, tips and tails cut
1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
1 brown onion, diced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup crushed cashews
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lime, juiced
2 tbsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp Chilli paste
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tsp nut butter
- Wash and Clean cauliflower as well as you can (they can come a little dirty!) and break into small florets.
- Using a food processor, blend small batches of the florets until their a coarse texture (like the size of rice). The reason why we do it in batch is that the larger florets can get stuck and then you'll be blending half into a paste, while trying to blend the bigger chunks. (we don't want a paste!)
- Place all the blended cauliflower into a large - nonstick pan and heat over medium heat (you'll need a lid!).
- Pour 3 tbsp of water into the cauliflower pot and leave to steam for 7-10 minutes.
- In. another non stick pan, add the olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, chilli, ginger and garlic into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add carrot, zucchini, capiscum, string beans and mushrooms into the pan and cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sesame oil, chilli paste, soy sauce, oyster sauce and nut butter and mix well.
- Pour half of this dressing over the vegetables and mix to combine. Squeeze lime juice here.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, add the vegetables to the cauliflower mixture and pour the rest of the dressing (if you think it needs it!). Mix to combine.