This is the easiest and the best cauliflower pizza base recipe you'll ever find!
It's actually SO simply to make and the best thing is that can you freeze the pizza base, so it's ready to go for those pizza cravings. Yay!
And honestly it's the perfect gluten free base for anyone who loves pizza but wants a healthy option.
Try it out this week and let me know your thoughts!
Makes: 1 large pizza base (or two medium ones)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 medium whole cauliflower head
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
2 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Using a grater, grate the cauliflower into "rice". This step can also be done by adding the cauliflower to a food processor and blend until a rice like consistency.
- Add the cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl with a couple tablespoons of water. Cover with cling wrap and pierce a few holes in the top with a fork. Place into the microwave for 10 minutes to steam.
- Once the cauliflower is steamed, you need to draw out the excess water using a microfibre cloth. **NOTE - wait until this is cooled slightly! The water that will draw out is boiling!
- Add the cauliflower back into the bowl and add the garlic, dried oregano, chilli flakes, egg, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix well and work the mixture.
- Shape the mixture in a thin circle onto a lined baking tray. Place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Add your toppings and place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes!