I have recently made the switch to nut butter from the store bought peanut butter....and I am in love! It's such a different taste, but makes you feel great because you're not getting in those hidden nasties.
Prepare for this recipe to take a little longer in the food processor then you think, it can take a while...but is so worth it! So when you see it blending in your food processor and think "there is no way that is turning to a creamy form..." just wait!
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup pitted dates
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place almonds onto a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. This will bring out the natural oils of the almond and make it easier to blend.
- Allow almonds to completely cool before proceeding to the next step.
- Into a string food processor, add almonds, coconut oil, dates, salt and cinnamon and begin to blend. Scraping down the sides occasionally to ensure its all mixing!
- Blend until a smooth paste. Depending on your food processor, this could take around 20 minutes. I tested this recipe with a normal food processor and it took me 20 minutes of blending time and also with my thermomix and it took 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and eat!