I have recently made the switch from store-bought to homemade nut butter.. and I am in LOVE!! It's such a different taste, and makes you feel SO great because you made it yourself from scratch! #masterchefs
When you see it blending in your food processor and think "there is no way that is turning to a creamy form..." just you wait.. because some magical shit is about to happen before your eyes 😂😂
Caramel Nut Butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup pitted dates
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place almonds onto a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. This will bring out the natural oils of the almond and make it easier to blend.
- Allow almonds to completely cool before proceeding to the next step.
- Into a string food processor, add almonds, coconut oil, dates, salt and cinnamon and begin to blend. Scraping down the sides occasionally to ensure its all mixing!
- Blend until a smooth paste. Depending on your food processor, this could take around 20 minutes. I tested this recipe with a normal food processor and it took me 20 minutes of blending time and also with my thermomix and that took 10 minutes.
- Once it's all done, store in an airtight container and eat (ie. spoon it onto EVERYTHING)