This recipe is by the amazing @jessica.lamphee! Its a brown rice salad that is amazing for a party! There is nuts, seeds and currants inside so each bite has a little bit of fun!
Cook time: 30 minutes (rice)
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cups brown rice, uncooked
1 red capsicum, diced
2 spring onion stalks, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely diced
10 broccolini stalks
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup unsalted cashews
1/4 pepita seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower oil
3 Tablespoon Soy sauce
2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook brown rice according to packet. Once cooked, set aside and cool.
- Lightly toast seeds and nuts for about 2 minutes in the pan to release flavour and add extra crunch.
- Boil water and pour into a large bowl, drop the broccolini stalks in the water for 45 seconds and remove. Slice broccolini into 2cm pieces.
- Into a large serving bowl, Add capsicum, spring onion, carrot, broccolini, parsley, cooked rice, seeds, cranberries and cashews. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients under "dressing" and mix well.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad until evenly coated. Mix well.