Are you Bready for these? HA! I sure am! Super easy breakfast for the kids you can make in advance.
Butter, to spread
12 slices of wholemeal bread, crusts cut off
2 eggs, separated
150g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 small button mushrooms, sliced
50g ham, sliced finely
1 small garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp chives, chopped finely
1/2 small red capsicum, sliced finely
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Spread butter over one side of all the bread slices
- Using a large muffin tin, push the bread inside to make a cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until light and foamy. Add yolk and beat for a further minute.
- Add all other ingredients into the egg bowl and gently fold in. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the bread cups and place into the oven for 20 minutes, or until the bread is lightly golden.