Ready in: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 4 eggs
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp allspice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Fresh basil leaves, to taste
- 4 slices of Macro Organic Spelt and Chia seed bread
- In a deep pan, add a splash of olive oil and heat over a medium - high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes, nutmeg, cumin, all spice, cinnamon and fresh basil. Add beans.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbling. Crack eggs directly into the sauce and pop a lid over the top. Cook for 5-6 minutes (or until eggs are cooking to your liking).
- Toast the Macro organic Spelt and chia bread and slice into strips (these are your dippers!)
- Eat straight from the pan! Dip your toast into the pan and enjoy.
- You can make in little individual ramekins for single serves,