Looking for a new easy, high protein breakfast that tastes like you've treated yourself to having brunch at your local café? If yes, this is DEFINITELY the recipe for you!
Black Bean Shakshuka with Spelt & Chia Dippers
Ready in: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Olive oil, for cooking
2 x 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
1 x 400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp allspice
Pinch of cinnamon
Fresh basil leaves, to taste
4 slices of Macro Organic Spelt and Chia seed bread
- In a deep pan, add a splash of olive oil and heat over a medium - high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomatoes, nutmeg, cumin, all spice, cinnamon and fresh basil. Add beans.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbling. Crack eggs directly into the sauce and pop a lid over the top. Cook for 5-6 minutes (or until eggs are cooking to your liking).
- Toast the Macro organic Spelt and chia bread and slice into strips (these are your dippers!)
- Eat straight from the pan! Dip your toast into the pan and enjoy.
Hot Tip: You can make in little individual ramekins for single serves!