WOOHOO We’re on DAY ONE! So…who doesn't love a burger?! I absolutely love it when my family comes over for burgers, it's such a fun meal because everyone can choose their own ingredients and build their own fun. If you're someone looking for a plant based meal in their week, then CHOOSE BURGERS! It's such an easy way to slip into your week without feeling like you're missing out and it actually tastes GOOD! Grab this recipe on my website - I promise you'll love it!
300g Birds Eye Plant Based Chicken Burgers
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 burger buns, or 4 slider buns
1 cup Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, finely julienne
½ red capsicum, finely sliced
1 small cucumber, finely sliced
4-5 fresh mint leaes, finely sliced
4-5 fresh coriander, finely chopped
½ long chili, finely sliced
2 tbsp fried shallots
2 tsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Honey
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
5 large spoonfuls of whole egg mayonnaise
1 full lime rind
Cracked salt and pepper
½ jalapeno, sliced thinly
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients under “thai slaw” and mix well.
- Add ingredients under “dressing” into a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour dressing ingredients over the slaw mixture and toss to combine.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Place the chicken style burger patties in and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly golden. Just before removing from the pan, add the sweet chili sauce into the pan and coat the chicken burgers.
- Toast burger buns and top spread with jalapeno aioli. Top with chicken style burger, slaw and a touch more aioli if needed!
Thank you Birds eye for collaborating with me on this recipe!
Love, Leah x