3 beetroot bulbs
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cups of baby spinach leaves
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Peel beetroot and slice into big wedges. Coat with 2 tbsp of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place beetroot into the oven for 30-40 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- slice haloumi in long, thin strips.
- In a non-stick pan, splash a small amount of olive oil and heat to a medium heat.
- Cook haloumi for 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, add spinnach, onion, brown rice, quinoa, halloumi and the roasted beetroots.
- Dress with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice and a big pinch of salt. Toss the salad and eat!