Who doesn't love a good pie? especially when it is loaded with mash potato!!
550g beef mince
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, grated and excess water removed
1 carrot, grated
1 large brown onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup of chicken stock
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 kg white potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil a deep pot with water (enough to cover potatoes).
- Place potatoes in water and boil for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In another deep pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add mince through the pot and cook until completely browned. Using your cooking utensil, break the mince up into small pieces whilst cooking.
- Once browned, add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, carrot, mushrooms and chilli. Stir for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, drain cooked potatoes and place them into a large bowl. Start mashing!
- In your potato bowl, add butter, salt and pepper. Mix throughly to ensure its smooth.
- In a deep, oven safe dish, pour the mince mixture in and spread evenly. Add the mash on top and spread edge to edge.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top and place into the oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown on top.