Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
1/4 cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 slices of rump steak, fat removed
1/2 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
4-5 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 red brown onion, sliced thinly
2 large handfuls baby spinach
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
4-5 fresh basil leaves, torn
2-3 cups napoletana sauce
Fresh chives, to garnish
Olive oil, for cooking
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Remove the fat off the rump steak and place a sheet of baking paper over the top. Use a meat cleaver to tenderise the meat completely. You want it as thin as possible! If the steak is large, slice in half so you now have two pieces to fill.
- In a small pan, heat a splash of olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, brown onion into the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Once 3 minutes has passed, add the garlic and continue to cook for the remaining time.
- Laying the beef steaks out flat, smear a generous amount of cream cheese and then add a small portion of the veggie mixture (enough to be able to roll up closed).
- Add a small amount of baby spinach and begin to roll up, enclosing with a toothpick. Repeat with all steaks.
- On a large pan, heat a small splash of olive oil and lightly sear each beef roll.
- In a deep baking dish, add the beef rolls and pour Napoletana sauce over the top. Ensure the the beef rolls are half submerged in the sauce, if not - add more.
- Cover with foil and place into the oven for 45 minutes.