This is my lovely cousin helens creation, who has been helping me smash out the BARE meals!
Beef Chow Mein with cabbage is a beautiful Chinese inspired recipe that is SO delicious (and even better for left overs the next day!)
It's a super quick and easy dinner that the whole family can enjoy and great way to use up leftover beef mince.
I love using thin hokkien noodles but you could also rice instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
250g beef mince
450g thin hokkien noodles (or thin egg noodles)
1/2 brown onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small carrot, finely diced
2 large mushrooms, finely diced
1 small zucchini, finely diced
1/4 Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup water (or beef stock)
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat olive oil in wok over a high heat. Add onion, garlic and beef. Using your cooking utensil, break apart the mince into small pieces. Cook until the beef mince is browned.
- Add curry powder and stir for another minute.
- Add carrots, zucchini, mushrooms and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, or cooked to your liking.
- Add water, stock, soy and oyster sauce and stir for a further minute. Add noodles and cabbage and heat though.
- Serve hot. Top with fresh coriander and sesame seeds.