If you're craving a healthy yet filling meal prep breakfast, then this Baked Beans recipe is for YOU!
It's super quick and easy, and lasts in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Plus, it is so delicious and the perfect way to start your day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g canned cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup semi sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 eggs
- In a small pot, boil water and place eggs inside. Once the water is boiling, set a timer for 8 minutes (or however you like your eggs).
- In another small pot, heat olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme and chilli into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion has become translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and beans to the pot and stir through.
- Add salt and pepper the mix and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Taste and season accordingly.
- Divide this mixture between two meal prep containers. Place one egg in each container.
Hope you love this veggie option for brekky!
Love, Leah x