How good is a delicious pasta bake? This one is AMAZING!!!
500g penne pasta, cooked
300ml heavy cream
3 cups of chicken stock
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups spinach leaves
350g bacon, sliced into thin strips
250 button mushrooms, sliced finely
1 spring onion, sliced finely
1 roasted capsicum, finely diced
1 1/2 cups provolonge cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, minus 2 minutes (It will cook more in the oven!)
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Place onion, spring onion, garlic, mushrooms, and bacon into the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked through and onion is translucent.
- Add roasted capsicum
- Add cream, roasted capsicum and stock and season with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Add pasta and 1 cup of the provolone cheese to the mix and stir. (you may need to transfer to a large mixing bowl, its a lot!!)
- Place pasta mixture into a large baking tray. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.