Makes: 2 cups of pesto
Serves 2 (you’ll have left over pesto, this will last 3 weeks in the fridge or 2 months if frozen!)
3 cups of baby spinach
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 large Australian avocado, de-seeded and diced
3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
2/3 cup of pine nuts
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup op olive oil
Generous pinch of salt
Generous pinch of pepper
10 banana prawns, raw and deveined.
250g spaghetti, uncooked
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ long red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced.
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Boil water in a deep pot and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Add all ingredients under “pesto” except the olive oil into a blender and begin to blend. Whilst blending,
slowly pour in the olive oil and blend until your desired consistency. I personally like my pesto quite
chunky, but it’s up to you!
3. Add olive oil into a hot pan and heat for 1 minute. Add onion, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3
minutes until the onion is translucent.
4. Add prawns into the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes (or until fully cooked).
5. Add the cooked pasta into the pan and stir. Add 4 heaped tablespoons of the pesto into the pasta and stir
through. If you want more – add more!
6. Serve with some fresh parmesan cheese!