How good are home made burgers? This is a DELISH Fish burger with yummy chopped up asparagus. Try it for your next easy weeknight dinner!
Makes: 6 patties (serves 6)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
400g boneless firm white fish (ling, snapper, flat head etc)
1 tablespoon red curry paste
1 garlic clove
1 spring onion, roughly chopped
1 slice of bread
1 handful of coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
½ lime, squeezed
5 – 6 asparagus spears, sliced thinly
6 bread rolls (one for each)
Olive oil, for cooking
2 – 3 Asparagus spears, peeled
1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
1 small red onion, sliced
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
2-3 tablespoons Kewpie mayonnaise
- In a blender add fish, curry paste, garlic, spring onion, bread, coriander, salt, pepper and lime juice. Blitz until it becomes a fine paste and everything is sliced evenly.
- Place mixture into a bowl.
- Slice asparagus spears thinly and add into the bowl. Fold the asparagus through the mixture. Divide the mixture into 6 balls and shape each ball into a patty.
- In a medium non-stick pan, add a splash of olive oil and heat over a medium high heat.
- Lay the patties into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Toast your bread and add some toppings! The ones I have listed are a guide, but addyour own favourites!
Tips: Lightly grill the asparagus beforehand for more flavour!
Alternatives: This can be done with chicken mince or skinless salmon fillets.