Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 potatoes, peeled
10 asparagus spears
1 egg, whisked
1/3 cup plain flour
1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Basil leaves, chopped roughly
1 zucchini, grated
1/4 tsp paprika
Small pinch of chilli flakes
1 cup rocket
1 tsp olive oil
small pinch of salt
2 eggs, poached
- In a deep pot of boiling water, add peeled potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- In a hot pan, splash a small amount of olive oil and heat over a medium to high heat.
- Add asparagus spears to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, until they begin to lightly soften. Remove from the pan and chop into 2cm pieces. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini into a cloth and squeeze out the excess water. This step will assist later when you go to mix it all, it won't be watery!
- Into a large mixing bowl, add zucchini, asparagus, egg, cheese, plain flour, basil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Mix well. Grate or mash the potatoes into the bowl and mix through again.
- On a hot pan, splash a little olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Roll (roughly) 2 tbsp. of mixture at a time into small patties and place onto the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- In a small pot, boil water and begin to poach eggs!
- In another small bowl, add rocket, olive oil and a pinch of salt and mix.
- On a serving plate, add rocket on the bottom and then stack fritters, adding the egg on top!