This quick, simple & easy asian tofu recipe is super versatile & perfect for stir fries, curries, salads, wraps & burgers.
Tofu can be hard to get right but with this sure-fire solution you'll learn how to marinate and fry delicious healthy tofu in no time.
P.s. did I mention this is AMAZING for vegans & vegetarians? YAY!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 300g firm tofu, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 spring onion stalk, sliced thinly
- 1cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Slice the tofu in thin strips and lay flat on a chopping board. Place a paper towel over the top of the tofu and press down to draw out any excess water. Flip the tofu on the other side and repeat with a fresh tea towel.
- If the tofu still looks watery, do the same as above but place a heavy object (frying pan, canned goods) on top and allow to draw out for 15 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add a small touch of olive oil to a non stick pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Add the tofu to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden brown.
- Add to a stir-fry, rice bowl or any of your favourite combos and EAT!