This was my FAVE thing to make with mum when I was little!
I loved eating the ham and mushrooms once they were cooked before the cream goes in, it tastes so good!!
This Alla Panna Pasta Bake is a guaranteed winning dinner idea.
It's so easy to make, super delicious and 100% kid friendly recipe!
I've got a special trick that makes my homemade Alla Panna sauce taste super creamy with a lot of heavy cream, making it the perfect light and tasty alternative.
Pasta, to serve 4
10 button mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 brown onion, diced
450g leg Ham, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
300ml heavy cream
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. Parmesan (more to sprinkle on top!)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 180C .
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions but minus 2 minutes from the cooking time.
- In a deep pan, splash olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Once hot, add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Continue to stir while cooking.
- Add mushrooms and ham, cook for 10 minutes or until all the water has evaporated. (I cook mine for a little longer, until the ingredients have lightly browned)
- Add stock, cream, parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil.
- Taste here, if you need more salt or pepper - add it now!
- Add the pasta into a baking dish and top with the ham and mushroom mixture. Mix to ensure the pasta is coated.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes, checking half way and giving it a good mix to ensure no pasta burns on top.
- Serve with another sprinkle of parmesan on top!