This meal prep is AMAZING and SOOO filling! It's the perfect meal to take to work because you can have it cold, or warm it up in the microwave.
500g Lean Turkey Mince, raw
1 Sweet potato, Peeled and roughly chopped
2 Zucchini, one roughly chopped and one grated finely
2 Carrots, One chopped roughly and one grated finely
1 Eggplant, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 tbsp Dried Oregano
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
3 Spring onion stalks, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 long red chilli, finely sliced
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked), cooked.
1/2 a lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roughy chop 1 zucchini, 1 carrot, eggplant and sweet potato into large chunks.
- Place veggies onto a lined baking tray and coat with a pinch of salt and pepper, dried oregano and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Place into the oven for 30-40 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- In a mixing bowl, add turkey, 1 grated carrot, 1 grated zucchini, spring onion, garlic, chilli and turmeric powder. Mix together.
- On a non stick pan, splash a tbsp of olive oil over medium to high heat. Form the turkey mixture into small patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once the veggies are done, place them into a large mixing bowl and add the cooked quinoa. Season with salt and pepper and a big squeeze of lemon.
- Divide the patties and the quinoa salad into three containers and store in the fridge for your meal prep!
I used the Decor Match up Range because they have colour coordinated lids (thank god because i can NEVER FIND THE RIGHT LID HAHA!) and they're glass, which is perfect for me!