Oh my goodness - what a childhood memory!!! BACON PIN WHEELS! THESE WERE THE BEST THING - EVER! Mum used to make them and freeze, and whenever we wanted KFC or McDonalds, she'd whip these babies out and we would settle down hahaha AMAZING!!!
2 sheets of puff pastry
275g grated cheddar cheese
150g bacon rashers, diced
3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1/3 red capsicum, finley diced
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cheese, bacon, eggs, parsley, spring onion, capsicum, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the two puff pastry sheets and spread out evenly from edge to edge.
- Begin to roll from one end, to the other, wrapping as tightly as you can.
- Slice the roll into 2cm rounds and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.