ONE PAN DISH? YES THANK YOU! Super easy curried chicken and rice - this is PERFECT for a meal prep and also perfect as a winter warmer, with all the delicious spices to heat you up!
500g chicken tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces
1 brown onion, sliced finely
1 small red capsicum, sliced
1/4 cup yellow curry paste
1 1/2 cup of basmati rice (uncooked)
400mL can of lite coconut milk
1 cup of chicken stock
200g broccoli, cut into small florets
5 button mushrooms, sliced finely
1 small red chilli, sliced finely
2 cups of spinach
1 small bunch of coriander, chopped finely
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and brown chicken in small batches.
- In a large, deep pan or wok, Splash 1 tbsp of olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Add onion and capsicum to the pan and cook until onion is transparent. Add curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add basmati rice and chicken to the mixture and stir until mixture is mixed well.
- Add coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Add Salt and pepper.
- Top with coriander and chilli to serve.