400g chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
1 large brown onion – finely diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bunch of English spinach leaves, washed well & roughly chopped
1/2 cup Long Grain Rice (or basmati!)
4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Salt And Pepper To Taste
2 Cups Water (Add More If Needed)
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and place over a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
- Add chicken to the pan and continue to stir. Lightly brown the chicken, without cooking all the way through.
- Add tomato paste to the pot and stir through for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach leaves and stir to slightly wilt the leaves
- Add rice to the pot and stir through.
- Add water, a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cover with a lid.
- Check after 15 mins and add a touch more water if needed and cook further until rice is tender.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and mix through. Add salt and pepper to taste.