Oh my GOSH! This lasagna is seriously INCREDIBLE! I just love it so much because its such a hearty meal, and perfect for a family.
600g beef mince
375g packet of lasagna sheets
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
1 large brown onion, diced
700ml passata sauce
700ml water or chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp mustard powder
10 basil leaves
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil over a high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli into the pot and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add beef mince into the pot and using your coking utensil, break the mince up into small pieces. Cook until all water has evaporated from the bottom of the pot.
- Once beef is cooked, add passata sauce, water, salt, pepper, oregano, mustard powder and basil leaves. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Depending on what lasagna sheets you use, cook according to packet instructions.
- In a deep dish, spoon a small amount of the sauce onto the bottom, edge to edge to ensure nothing sticks. Layer the sheets on the bottom, then top with a layer of sauce and a layer of mozzarella.
- On the next layer, add sheets, sauce and top this time with parmesan (whilst layering, change between mozzarella and parmesan)
- Continue layering until you reach the top.
- Cover with al-foil and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot!