This is SUCH a simple, and healthy option to the typical curry. It's so so delicious and surprisingly easy. It's one of my new favourites when getting that craving for delicious Indian foods!
1kg beef brisket, sliced into small cubes
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 medium brown onions, diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3/4 cup plain greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
1 tbsp. ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cardamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 whole cloves (this is a spice, not garlic!)
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. garam masala
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves
- Trim beef of any large fatty pieces and cut into bite sized pieces
- Add olive oil into a large pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger into the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until onions become soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of yoghurt, chilli, ground coriander, cumin, cardamon, whole cloves, turmeric and garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beef and brown lightly.
- Transfer this mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add tomato and the remaining 1/4 cup of yoghurt and turn on to high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice and fresh coriander